Sunday, December 20, 2009

My Christmas celebrations thus far...

Well, I have been trying to keep up with my "something Christmasy" every day until Christmas. So far, I have been quite successful.

Thursday we celebrated my birthday at work!! They ordered pizza for the office, and then had THE most epic cake EVER. It was chocolate cake, with a layer of chocolate WHIPPED icing, then ANOTHER layer of chocolate BUTTERCREAM icing. The whole cake weighed like 8 pounds ...it was amazing. Then that night, Bekah and I went to B-Dubs and celebrated our roommate Christmas!! The wings were especially tasty, and it was fun to get to hang out just the two of us before break!! After dinner, we went back to the apartment and she gave me a new pair of houseshoes, and I gave her Elf on DVD and then a hat and glove set. We then proceeded to watch Elf while I painted a gift for my parents.

Then Friday was our big Christmas celebration at work!! We had a huge Christmas potluck for lunch, then two different gift exchanges. The first exchange was for Dirty Santa, with a $20 limit. At first, I opened a mojito kit. I didn't even know what it was ...I thought it was a set of vases. Luckily, I didn't say this out loud. Anyways, it was accompanied with a bottle of Bacardi. I immediately commenced the praying that someone would steal it from me. I didn't have to wait long, thankfully. Then I ended up with a neck massager, so I was happy again!! Yay, something I'll actually use!! Then we had our Secret Santa gift exchange, and my Santa (whom I found out was Suzie, our receptionist) gave me a craft organizer. It was awesome!! Then that night Brent took me to dinner for my birthday!! We went to Jonny Carinos and I got this "Skilletini," which was really tasty ...and a bit more manly than Brent's meal. And he gave me a beautiful bracelet with Xs and Os (which unfortunately, he had to point out to me). But I loved it.

Then on Saturday, we drove to Tulsa to spend a few days with Brent's family. So we went out to dinner at Lonestar, and then came back and they SHOWERED me with gifts!! Not only did they give me lots of great Christmas presents (like sweaters, shoes, laptop tray, and other goodies), but they also had a stocking for me ...full of nice perfume, socks, and $150 in gift cards!!!! I couldn't believe it. I was really blown away!! Then I gave Kim and Dawn my gifts for them, and I was REALLY excited to give Kim the Poison Ivy Barbie that I bought for her. She flipped out when she opened it, so I think that it went well. Then Brent and I watched the 6th Harry Potter movie. I'm a nerd. The books were good!! And after a while, you start to miss the Wizarding World. You just wait til you read it ...you'll get hooked too.

Then today (Sunday), we went to church and heard about the Christmas story and sang Christmas songs. Then I gave Brent's dad his Christmas gift. I know that this isn't QUITE as much as the other days, but it's still SOMETHING Christmasy. So far, mission is proving successful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home