Thursday, December 24, 2009

I still want a hoooola hooooop

Well, it's already Christmas Eve and all of our presents are opened, and my sweet Brent is already gone...

Monday, Brent and I drove back to Garland. I listened to Wuthering Heights the whole way, and I had a bit of an accent when we got home. I didn't do too much that was Christmasy this day ...just ate a Christmas tree cookie and shook different packages under the tree.

Tuesday (my birthday) Brent and I went to see Avatar ...and it was EPIC. For real. EPIC. Then we shopped at the mall for a little bit and I ran into my best friend Natty!! That was a great little birthday surprise. Then my parents, Brent, and I went out to dinner at Sciliano's for my birthday and we all watched the Santa Clause while I worked on my sister's homemade napkins (which turned out really good, if I do say so myself).

Wednesday, I helped Brent wrap his homemade Christmas presents and we watched TV and went to Taco Bell. I don't know why I felt I should mention Taco Bell. So then Taylor and Lance came over to celebrate my birthday and we had our amazing American Beauty Cake!! Then we all hung out for a while and opened our Christmas presents from the Westbrooks.

Thursday (today), our Christmas finally came!! Lance made us breakfast first thing in the morning, and then I went to my traditional post of handing out Christmas presents to everyone. At the Tuerck household, we like to watch EVERYONE open their Christmas presents. So when too many people attempt to open their presents at the same time, it's very frustrating for us. So the passer-outter (me) maintains the flow of gift opening so everyone can watch and have something to open. I really, really enjoy watching people open their presents!! Even when I didn't give it to them, it's great to see how excited they are when they get something wonderful!! It was a really great Christmas, and I got tons of stuff that I wanted/love and didn't know I wanted this badly.

Brent had to leave shortly after we opened our presents, but at least I didn't cry this time. It was actually pretty ironic that the one time it started snowing on Christmas Eve, I was praying against it so that my sweet Brent could make it back to Tulsa safely. I think that one of the reasons that I wasn't as upset this time is that I know this is the last Christmas break I will ever have to spend without him. That makes me very excited!! Next Christmas, he won't be as stressed having to participate in 3 different Christmases by himself, and I'll get to be with my love through the whole holiday season!! Oh, I can't wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home