Sunday, February 28, 2010

Blessings galore!!

This was a wonderful weekend!!

First off, Brent and I took the NPC kids to CHRISTeens this weekend. The retreat in and of itself was like a low-budget version of Winterfest. But God still works through low-budget things (except for the WORST church skits I have ever ever ever seen ...wow, I wanted to tear my arm off and beat myself over the head with it, but I digress). It was really great to get to worship God for so long in ACAPELLA!! I've missed that. Although I realized that most teens today don't really understand worship. I think that they were just singing because someone told them to sing; they don't really grasp the connection that you can have with your Redeemer. Anyways, we had a really great group discussion time where the kids asked some GREAT questions about God, faith, and how to be a better Christian. And then two of our kids decided to get baptized!! I was so excited for them, happy to see God working through teenagers, and proud to be the future Mrs. Brent Stafford. He did so good. God did so good. It was a good weekend.

And THEN I found out that one of the logos I designed for BUY FOR LE$$ won two golds in the ADDY awards!! And I don't just mean the college ADDYs ...but the legit, career PROFESSIONAL ones!! I think that it was the menu and logo that I designed each won a gold medal. Which is so exciting to only be a college kid and already won TWO ADDYS!!!! Oh, God is so good to me sometimes I just can't stand it. Well I can stand it ...and I enjoy it ...I just plain don't deserve it. But keep it comin, Lord!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home